Library is a repository of knowledge , wisdom and information. A young and unruly mind is tamed into obedience in its bracing and stimulating ambience. In the company of books and journals the young minds find a rare opportunity to shape their character & destiny.
Our library has started functioning from August 1978 and over the years its collection has developed into large number of Books on various subjects with criticism & reference. A separate journal section has been added to it. A reading room to facilitate the students to have access to study rare books at their leisure during the college hours has also been annexed to it.
01. No books, Journals, Periodicals, News Papers, syllabus and other reading materials shall be taken out of the library wihtout the knowledge of the Librarian.
02. Books, Journals, Periodicals etc. will be issued to the borrower only on production of library card.
03. In case of +2 students, library books will be issued twice a month on the notified dates. In case of +3 students, library books will be issued twice in a month.
04. If any date of issue falls on Sundays and holidays the day following such Sundays and holidays shall be treated as date of issue.
05. Books issued to the borrower must be examined by him/her before their entry in to the issue register. Mutilation and disfigures of pages of library books found after issue will cause fixing of responsibility upon the borrower.
06. Books should be refunded withinthe stipulated period given to the borrower.
07. Neither any note nor shall any picture be drawn in the library book. Removal of pages of the library book in any manner to the borrower.
08. In case of loss of library books or otherwise, If replacement is not possible, three times the cost of the boks shal be realised from the borrower. Boook be replaced
as faf as practicable.
09. Over- due charge shall be realised from the borrower in case of unauthorised holding of library books over and above the stipulated period.
10. Non clearance of over due charges and over due books will cause cessation of issue of further books to the borrower until he or she clears the over-due charges
and return the over-due books.
11. Re-issue of library books to a particular borrower can be made if the said book is not required by others.
12. Duplicate library card will be issued to particular borrower if he/she brings the authenticity of loss to the notice of the librarian and deposit requisite fee in the
13. The library premises should not be used for any other purposes except reading or consulting the books and periodicals.
14. Silence inside the library and reading room is a must. Violation of it will cease membership of the borrower.
15. Spitting, smoking, sleeping inside the library and puttting one’s legs on the furniture are strictly phonibited.
16. The following list shows the maximum number of book that
may be issued to various types of readers.
a) Teaching Staff (Prof. Reader, Lect.) 20 books (both text & Ref. on concerned subjects)
b) Demonstrators & Librarian 10 books (text & ref. on concerned subjects)
c) Ministerial Staff- 5 books (general books)
d) Menial Staff – 2 books
e) +2 students – 1 book (for once)
f) +3 Pass students – 3 books (for once)
g) +3 Hon’s students- 5 books (for once) (3 books from Library & 2 books from Department Seminar Libarary)
h) Menial Staff- 3 books
17. Dictionaries, maps, Calendar, Syllabus, Questions (both CHSE & University), Rare books, Reference books, Multi Volume Books shall not be issued out of the
library. Students are required to consult those books inside the library only.
18. Members of the teaching and non-teaching staff may take books from the library on signing the loan register.
19. The time allowed to retain the library books must be strictly adhered to by the students and staff.
20. A fine of Rs. 0.25 praise per day per book shall be collected from the borrower with holding the library books unauthorisedly after the stipulated period up to a maximum of one months time. Suitable actions will be taken after expiry of one months time. Application for reduction or cancellation of fine will not be
21. Submission of library card and list of books in order of preference is a must on the part of a borrower at the time of borrow. The issue in-charge may demand
identity card at the time of issue, if necessary.
22. Over night issue of library books and other reading materials can be made available to the students and members of the staff after obtaining prior permission
from the principal.
23. Library follows close access for the students and open access for the members of the staff without their personal belobnings.
24. Library clearance is a must in cases of transfer of a borrower from one college to another and appearing at the CHSE & University examinations respectively.
25. The rules noted above are subject to change at the discretion of the principal and can not be challenged in any court of law.